The Gut Busters
Aoife Hanna, The Boss
RD, BSc, PGCert, CORU, INDI
As a dietitian, working in the public healthcare systems in Ireland, the UK and New Zealand have given me incredible hands-on dietetic experience. The role of diet within health and disease is phenomenal. But like many large institutions, they had their shortcomings. One of which was, the dietetic service available to those with IBS was limited and on occasion, non-existent.
Working as a dietitian in multi-national corporations, I then saw the impact that IBS had on workers' productivity and their quality of life. But like many, having the time to access a dietitian regularly was a barrier for these sufferers of IBS. And so, My Gut Solution was born.
As a mum, a wife and as someone who works full-time, I know first hand the impact that a dodgy diet can have on our bodies. But I also know that regularly consuming a healthy diet can stretch us emotionally when we are all so busy and time-poor. We are being bombarded with conflicting nutrition information, told by celebrities what we should be eating, and made feel guilty that we don't grow and harvest your organic vegetables from the back of our garden.
At My Gut Solution, we wanted to create a dietetic service that was convenient and fits in with your lifestyle. We want you to feel that you are in a place where you know you can get safe, trusted, evidence-based advice for your gut. We have tried to create a membership offering that advocates for real food, suitable for all the family, while also helping you to feel better.
Check out some of our testimonials of those that have gone before you, or feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
- Registered with the Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute (INDI). Membership number 1453
- Registered with the Dietitians Registration Board, CORU. Registration number DI016776
- Postgraduate Certificate Sport and Exercise Nutrition, Coventry University, 2011
- B Sc. (Honours) Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Chester, 2009
- 10 years of dietetic experience
- Successfully developed and ran her own nutrition consultancy, EatRight Ireland, for 5 years.
- Nutrition Tutor and Team Lead UCD Volunteer's Overseas, Summer 2017 Kisiizi Hospital, Uganda.
- Clinical Dietitian Google 2016 - 2017, and Microsoft 2016.
- King's College London - Low FODMAP trained
- Internationally published author
- Previous Chair of the INDI Gastroenterology Specialist Interest Group
Rachel Palmer, Chief Recipe Developer
RD, BSc, CORU, INDI
Growing up; cooking and baking were always a feature in my house and this is where my love of food started. As my interest in food grew, I further developed my food knowledge and skills working in a busy restaurant kitchen in Kinsale, Co. Cork.
Combine this love of food with a keen interest in science and health, I embarked on the journey to becoming a Registered Dietitian, graduating with first-class honours from Dublin Institute of Technology and Trinity College Dublin in 2018.
I strive to combine my nutrition knowledge and practical cooking skills in helping clients to produce simple, nutritious and affordable meals. I am a keen believer that food can be nutritious, tasty, and exciting.
- Registered with the Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute (INDI). Registration Number: 1672.
- Registered with the Dietitians Registration Board, CORU. Registration Number: DI029545.
- BSc (Honours) Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Dublin Institute of Technology and Trinity College Dublin 2018.
- Published research in the area of Maternal Health.